The department of Chemistry was established in the year 1989 initially without government aid starting with H.S. students only. In the year 1993, B.Sc with general course was introduced and thereafter major in Chemistry was introduced in 1999 with three faculty members. All these courses started with the help of college fund under Dibrugarh University UG syllabus. In 2013, the Science stream of Sibsagar Girls’ college was provincialized and currently the department has three sanctioned post faculty members and one guest faculty.
1. To contribute to the improvement of scientific and technological literacy.
2. To develop critical thinking and problem solving skills of the students.
3. To shape the future of young women by empowering them and preparing them for the world of work and responsible citizenship.
1. The Department of Chemistry, Sibsagar Girls’ college founded in the year 1989, strives for knowledge creation and knowledge dissemination in the field of chemical sciences.
2. The department aims to create and maintain the programs of excellence in building up scientific temperament, education and public outreach.
3. Our mission is to train and mentor students as scientific literary professionals, excellent teachers, entrepreneurs and innovative young researchers.
4. We try to awaken the young budding minds and discover their talents in theory as well as practical chemistry through dedication to teaching commitment to students and innovative instructional methods.
No additional course.