MRS. UTPALA GOHAIN CHAMUAH
Building upon our rich legacy since 1964, Sibsagar Girls' College envisions becoming a trailblazing institution empowering women to excel in diverse fields and become leaders of tomorrow. As a premier institute of higher education in upper Assam, we are committed to fostering not only academic excellence but also holistic development, ...read more
Sibsagar Girls’ College is one of the pioneers of the girl’s education of Assam. Established in 1964, it is a saga of bygone days of a place of the great Ahom women. Here, the queens:- Borroja Phuleswari, Ambika and Anadori ushered a new era by patronizing art and architecture which are standing proudly besides the college complex.
The budding of the seeds of the intellectual minds of the great thinkers of Sibsagar, is now blooming like roses spreading sweet fragrance at Sibsagar Girls’ College.
I do hope this fragrance will continue in the coming years from generation to generation.
List of Applicants for the post of Assistant Profe
List of Applicants for the post of Assistant Profe (Read Here..)
College at a Glance
The Sibsagar Girls’ College is one of the pioneering institutions for women education in the state. It was established in 1964 and already completed its glorious 50 years of existence in 2014.The college is known for its student friendly attitude as well as excellent academic atmosphere. We will be quite happy to accommodate you to be a part of the ever growing academic circle of meritorious and talented students of our college which poses:
- Reaccreditation and Reassessment from the NAAC with high ‘B’ Grade
- Recognition of Model Degree College under RUSA
- Dedicated and qualified faculty members, Administrative staff and Hostel staff
- Flexibility of selecting Add on/ Career Oriented Programmes parallel to your undergraduate courses
- State of the art learning resources
- Indoor sports and physical fitness facilities... read more
Vision and Mission
Alongwith Academic Pursuits, To Play A Catalyst Role In Shaping The Future Of Young Women By Empowering Them In All Aspects, Making Them Self-reliant, Socially Responsible Thus Enabling Them To Be A Contributor To The Wealth Of The Nation.
The mission of our institute is to provide the best of knowledge and skills to the students. Some key areas have been identified so as to achieve our mission.
- Instil in the students a thirst for knowledge, a scientific temper and the appreciation and inculcation of human values.
- Instilling in the students moral and ethical values by arranging popular talk, programmes on moral responsibilities, social responsibilities, showcase of motivational speech and motivational videos, showcase of documentaries of important personalities in Indian history, literature, politics, philosophy, science, business, space etc.
- Alongwith a standard academic environment, setting up and creating a green environment is also a priority and a mission to be achieved.
- Making career counseling programmes a regular feature so that the students can get an opportunity to choose their careers once they complete their graduation.
- Instil a spirit of entrepreneurship amongst the students of the institution by making them familiar with entrepreneurship skills through holding of entrepreneurship counseling sessions by different agencies.
- Above all, assuring mental health and personality development through psychological counselling sessions at least once a month.